Wednesday 10 June 2009

Day 5 - The Never-Ending Sto-ory

I've written about 12 radio scripts for a client in the past week, and we've selected four of the least crappy to present to the client on Wednesday morning. (Really, I only like two of them, but apparently you sometimes have to shine a piece-o-turd as much as possible to make it presentable, and then hope that the client chooses the good work, which only happens sometimes.)

So, as we're printing the scripts out, there are last minute changes that are suggested. That's cool, but just a bit surprising - I guess a part of honing the craft of writing - to never be satisfied with what you've written, but to know when to stop and present what you believe is your best at that point. It's a fine line to walk. I'm not so sure I'm always on that line...Sometimes, I'm sure i'll find myself on one side or the other. tightropes scare me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment