Thursday 11 June 2009

Day 7 - Distraction

Today was pretty rough, from an output standpoint. It wasn't all my fault either (this time). For whatever reason, my agency agreed to host a film crew that was making a feature film for the silver screen. There was a 30-second shot that took about six hours to film, during which time, the actors and extras were milling around my desk and the surrounding space. I was told to "just look busy." I figured that would be easy, since I actually DO have to write a bunch of lines for a project that is due tomorrow, so I just thought I'd roll with it.

Well, it turns out, I can't concentrate as well as I thought I could. With the director yelling "action!" and actors doing their thing, and general cacophony you'd expect to find on a film set, I couldn't really think about the assignment (btw, pretty lame topic - "how to make an event planner's life easier"). I mean, I got some stuff done, but not nearly as much as I should have for the time spanned. That just means I'll be taking work home with me tonight...Which means I'll probably be watching a lot of TV tonight. (I mean, where else am I supposed to get inspiration? That's my rationale, anyway.) Maybe in another post, I'll tell you how to deal with distractions...I just have to figure it out myself first.

On a sidenote, I did an awesome job as an extra, and I'm ready to break out of these bit parts. I had to tell Alyssa Milano that i'm already taken (man, she's persistent!), but I'm used to that kind of attention. It just goes with the territory of being a sex symbol.

1 comment:

  1. I got one for you...
    "how to make an event planner's life easier" = "plan your own damn events"

    ReplyDelete