Thursday 11 June 2009

Day 6 - Internships and Family

My wife just told me that my daughter had one of her friend over to our house for a playdate the other day and they were looking at a picture of us as a newlywed couple. My daughter said, "that's my mom, and that's my dad...he's dead right now." Her friend gasped and said, "What????" The reply was, "I'm jut kidding. He's just out of town." I've only been gone for one week of the twelve that this internship spans!

I was so proud of that joke - that's not the normal humor of a 7-year-old, but it certainly is for one of my kids. But, it puts into perspective that it's kinda tough for families to be separated for long periods of time, even when you're trying to facilitate your lifelong dream. I'm not excited for the next ten weeks, but hopefully the fam will be out here before then...We just have to secure a free place to stay, since we can't get out of our Minneapolis rental lease, and we don't have the money to pay two rents.

No comments:

Post a Comment