Wednesday 15 July 2009

Day 29 - Analytics

We've recently launched a new campaign for a client which is entirely online. The good thing about that is it's easy to track "impressions" and "conversions" and stuff like that. I used to just think that the creative was king and if the ad was effective, that was just a bonus, but I can see where its success is just as important as the content itself. Maybe there's some debate to that, but that's they way I see it now. It's pretty fascinating to see the trajectory of people's awareness of the campaign.

another important thing that people are quickly learning in the new media of the Internet is that, in order for you to be successful, there has to be a dialogue between the client and its customers. If not, it comes off as creepy, uninterested, and/or oblivious. when our character interacts with the fans on the Facebook page, it generates more conversation and allows other people to write stuff that I wouldn't necessarily think of. That' just makes my job easier, so why fight it, right?

This is a pretty important topic, so I'll probably touch on it more later. But now, I've gotta get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment